Students & Interns
Schools & Agents
Please fill out the form below if you would like to extend your stay.
Student Extension Form
Preferred Name/English Name
DD dash MM dash YYYY
Please enter your valid ID Number (Passport No. or Drivers license)
Please upload your valid ID (Passport/Drivers license)
Max. file size: 64 MB.
Please upload your valid visa if you are international students/interns/visitors
Max. file size: 64 MB.
Antigua and Barbuda
Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba
Bosnia and Herzegovina
British Indian Ocean Territory
Central African Republic
Congo, Democratic Republic of the
Congo, Republic of the
French Southern Territories
Heard and McDonald Islands
Isle of Man
Lao People's Democratic Republic
Northern Mariana Islands
Palestine, State of
Papua New Guinea
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Pierre and Miquelon
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Sao Tome and Principe
Svalbard and Jan Mayen Islands
Trinidad and Tobago
Turks and Caicos Islands
United Arab Emirates
US Minor Outlying Islands
Virgin Islands, British
Virgin Islands, U.S.
Wallis and Futuna
Which family would you like to extend with?
What is your current plan after finishing your study with our partner schools? e.g. UP Education
Which school/university will you be attending?
What course will you take?
Course start date
DD dash MM dash YYYY
Course end date
DD dash MM dash YYYY
Which organisation will you do your internship with?
Please provide the organisation address
Please provide your internship schedule, e.g. I will be working from 9 to 5, Monday to Friday
Please provide your sightseeing schedule, e,g. places you will be visiting and the date
I would like to extend my homestay from (Start date)
DD dash MM dash YYYY
I would like to extend my accommodation to (End date)
DD dash MM dash YYYY
Would you like to keep the same meal plan? Please select what you would like to have
Half Board (Mon-Fri - Breakfast and dinner ; Sat-Sun - Breakfast, lunch and dinner)
Full Board (Mon-Sun - 7 Days - Breakfast, lunch and dinner)
Please let us know your experience with your current homestay
Do you have valid visa to stay in New Zealand for the extended period?
Are you under the age of 18?
Parent/Legal Guardian Name
Relationship of the Parent/Legal Guardian
Parent/Legal Guardian Contact Number
I declare that I have the consent from my parents or legal guardian to submit this homestay application
Parent/Legal Guardian Contact Email
Name of Emergency Contact
Relationship of the Emergency Contact
Emergency Contact Number
Emergency Contact Email
Can you let us know what is the reason for you to choose homestay instead of other forms of accommodations? This will help us to improve our service and provide you with the best possible homestay.
Date of Request
DD dash MM dash YYYY
I authorities Host Families NZ Limited (HFNZL) to look for a homestay accommodation for me. The effective day would be the date that I submit this application.
HFNZL’s responsibilities are:
• Place the applicant with a suitable homestay
• Provide a booking confirmation to the student and host when a placement is made
• Undergo a safety check for all house members that are over the age of 18
• Carry out homestay inspections to ensure all requirements of being a homestay are met and the home is suitable
• Conduct regular visits (at least once a year) to ensure the homestay still meets the hosting standards
• Provide support to students, families, partner schools/agents when issues arise
• Provide 24/7 emergency support to all applicants
I understand the homestay accommodation will include:
• A private bedroom with desk, chair, bed linen, Storage for belongings
• Reasonable use of electricity, water, and the internet is included
• Shared bathroom with host families and students
• Laundry will be available for you to use
• 24 hours Emergency support
I understand the homestay accommodation does not include:
• Any personal expenses incurred by me during my stay including (but not limited to) toilet paper, personal hygiene products, mobile calls, excessive use of electricity/internet/water
• Provide accommodation to my family members, relatives, or friends
• Any damage to the homestay property.
I understand that the homestay accommodation is subject to the homestay’s availability. If my application is successful, I declare that:
• I will be friendly and always respect my homestay family
• I will always follow the laws of New Zealand. I understand failure to do so may result in an immediate termination of my homestay contract
• I will always follow the host family’s curfew times and homestay rules/guidelines that are provided by HFNZL and my homestay family. I understand failure to do so may result in an immediate termination of my homestay contract
• I will keep my bedroom and the bathroom I am using clean and tidy
• I will inform my homestay and get permission before I invite anyone over
• I will be mindful of the use of electricity, water and internet and I agree to pay an extra fee if my usage exceeds the normal usage
• I will inform my homestay if I have any allergies, such as any allergic to pets or food
• I will not smoke cigarettes inside the house and not smoke anywhere at any time if I am under the age of 18
• I will not stay at any other accommodation apart from my homestay if I am under 18 years old unless I have obtained written permissions from HFNZL (This rule only applies to international students)
• I will keep quiet after 10 pm
• I will pay for the homestay fee on time
• I will not cook unless I have permission from my host family. If I am under the age of 18, I understand and agree that I am not allowed to cook at all times.
• I understand the move-in time is after 2 pm on arrival and the move-out time is 10 am on departure. If I arrive earlier than 10 am or depart late than 2 pm, I understand and agree to pay an extra day
• I will give two weeks’ notice to HFNZL if I plan to move out, extend my homestay or go anywhere for a holiday/break
• I will move out of my homestay when my booking finishes. I understand all homestay extensions must go through HFNZL. I will not make any direct payments or negotiate the homestay fee with my homestay family
• When moving out, I will leave my bedroom and the bathroom I am using in a neat condition. I understand and agree to pay a cleaning fee if I fail to do so
• I will be responsible for any damage caused by me during my stay
• I understand and agree that HFNZL is not liable for any loss or damage caused directly or indirectly by the homestay accommodation.
• I understand If I do not follow the homestay rules and guidelines, my homestay contract maybe terminates immediately
I declare that the information provided above is true, complete and correct. I will inform Host Families NZ of any change should it become relevant. I have read and understood the conditions and homestay rules. I agree to abide by them.
In this document, “we”, “our”, or “us” refer to Host Families NZ Limited (NHFNZL). Our New Zealand Business Number (NZBN) is 9429031482899.
We are extremely concerned to protect your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all users of our website and service are quite rightly concerned to know that their data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party. Our policy is both specific and strict. It complies with New Zealand law. If you think our policy falls short of your expectations or that we are failing to abide by our policy, do please tell us.
We regret that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, you can leave our website immediately or email us at email@example.com to delete all your information that we hold of. However, in doing so, we may not be able to provide the service you request.
Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any personally identifiable information collected at our website.
Here is a list of the information we collect from you, either through our website or because you give it to us in some other way, and why it is necessary to collect it:
1. Business and personal information
This includes basic identification and contact information, such as your name and contact details and also includes all information given to us in the course of your business and ours, such as information you give us in your capacity as our client. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information and of the terms of our relationship. It is not used for any other purpose. We expect you to reciprocate this policy.
In general, HFNZL collects, uses, and discloses personal information from students, parents, schools, agents, partners, host families and any other person that is relevant to operate or delivery our service.
This information is used:
1.1. to provide you with the services which you request; this includes matching students with a suitable homestay, booking pickup/drop off services, conducting designated caregiver assessments, under 18 assessments and any other services requested by you.
1.2. for verifying your identity for security purposes;
1.3. for marketing our services and products;
1.4. information which does not identify any individual may be used in a general way by us or third parties, to provide class information, for example relating to demographics or usage of a particular page or service.
We keep information, which forms part of our business record for as long as necessary to perform, operate and deliver our service.
This information will be shared and disclosed to
1.5. students, parents, agents who request for homestay placements;
1.6. schools and school officials, government agencies, host parents and third providers of HFNZL;
1.7. any other person that you consented or permitted by law
2. Your domain name and e-mail address
This information is recognised by our servers and the pages that you visit are recorded. We shall not under any circumstances, divulge your e-mail address to any person who is not an employee or contractor of ours and who does not need to know, either generally or specifically. This information is used:
2.1. to correspond with you or deal with you as you expect;
2.2. in a collective way not referable to any particular individual, for the purpose of quality control and improvement of our website;
2.3. to send you news about the services to which you have signed up;
2.4. to tell you about other of our services or services of sister websites.
3. Information you post on our website
Information you send to us by posting to a forum or blog or in your advertisement, is stored on our servers. We do not specifically use that information except to allow it to be read, but you will see in our terms and conditions that we reserve a right to use it in any way we decide.
4. Website usage information
5. Financial information relating to your credit cards
This information is never taken by us either through our website or otherwise. At the point of payment, you are transferred to a secure page on the website of PayPal or Kiwi Bank or some other reputable payment service provider. That page may be dressed in our “livery”, but it is not controlled by us. Our staff and contractors never have access to it.
6. Note on padlock symbols and other trust marks
Many companies offer certification and an icon or other small graphic to prove to website visitors that the website is safe. Some certify to a high level of safety. Others are more concerned to take our money than to provide a useful service. We do not handle information about your credit card so do not subscribe to any such service.
7. Credit reference
To assist in combating fraud, we share information with credit reference agencies, so far as it relates to clients or customers who instruct their credit card issuer to cancel payment to us without having first provided an acceptable reason to us and given us the opportunity to refund their money.
8. Third party content
Our website is a publishing medium in that anyone may register and then publish information about himself or some other person. We do not moderate or control what is posted. If you complain about any of the content on our website, we shall investigate your complaint. If we feel, it may be justified, we shall remove it while we investigate. Free speech is a fundamental right, so we have to make a judgment as to whose right will be obstructed: yours, or that of the person who posted the content which offends you. If we think, your complaint is vexatious or without any basis, we shall not correspond with you about it.
9. Information we obtain from third parties
Although we do not disclose your personal information to any third party (except as set out in this policy), we do receive data which is indirectly made up from your personal information, from software services such as Google Analytics and others. No such information is identifiable to you.
10. Content you provide to us with a view to be used by third party
If you provide information to us with a view to it being read, copied, downloaded, or used by other people, we accept no responsibility for what that third party may do with it. It is up to you to satisfy yourself about the privacy level of every person who might see your information. If it is available to the World, neither we nor you have any control whatsoever as to how it is used.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer's hard drive through your web browser when you visit any website. They are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website.
HFNZL do not use any cookies to collect personal information. However, our website server will automatically collect IP addresses. We may review it from time to time to ensure the security of our website and prevent any harmful attacks.
12. Sending a message to our support system
When you send a message, we collect the data you have given to us in that message in order to obtain confirmation that you are entitled to receive the information and to provide to you the
information you need. We record your request and our reply in order to increase the efficiency of our business / organisation. We do not keep any personally identifiable information associated with your message, such as your name or email address.
When we receive a complaint, we record all the information you have given to us. We use that information to resolve your complaint. If your complaint reasonably requires us to contact some other person, we may decide to give to that other person some of the information contained in your complaint. We do this as infrequently as possible, but it is a matter for our sole discretion as to whether we do give information, and if we do, what that information is.
We may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to assess the level of service we provide, but not in a way that could identify you or any other person.
14. Marketing information
With your permission we pass your email address and name to selected associates whom we consider may provide services or products you would find useful. You may opt out of this service at any time by instructing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We may use re-marketing from time to time. This involves Google or some other supplier placing a tag or marker on our website in order to be able to serve to you an advert for our products / services when you visit some other website.
16. Affiliate information
This is information given to us by you in your capacity as an affiliate of us or a customer or client of ours. Such information is retained for business use only. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information and of the terms of our relationship. It is not used for any other purpose. We expect any affiliate to agree to reciprocate this policy. As an exception to this, we have the right to disclose your first name and URL of your affiliate connection to other affiliates and to any other person or organisation, on and off the website. The reason is solely to enable us to mention winners and others whose performance as an affiliate is in some way outstanding.
17. Use of the website by children
We do not market to children, nor do we sell products or services for purchase by children. We do sell products and services for end use by children, but for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use our website only with consent from a parent or guardian.
18. Disclosure to Government and their agencies
We are subject to the law like everyone else. We may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order.
19. Compliance with the law
20. Review or update personally identifiable information
At any time, you may review or update the personally identifiable information that we hold about you, by contacting us at the address below. To better safeguard your information, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to your information.
21. Removal of your information
If you wish us to remove personally identifiable information from our website, you may contact us at email@example.com. To better safeguard your information, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to your information.
22. Data may be “processed” outside New Zealand
Our website is hosted in New Zealand. We also use outsourced services in countries outside New Zealand from time to time in other aspects of our business. Accordingly, data obtained within the New Zealand may be “processed” outside New Zealand and data obtained in any other country may be processed within or outside that country.