Make your house a home away from home
Thank you for your interest in becoming a homestay with Host Families NZ
HFNZ offers great value and a dedicated team of caring professionals that ensure participants have an ultimately safe, enjoyable and worthwhile learning experience. We carefully match each student or visitor with our host families by providing each party with a detailed profile.
Become a host family – it’s simple & free!
1. Apply: Please complete the online host application
2. Interview: After we have received your application, we will contact you to arrange an interview.
3. Background check: Our host families must obtain a criminal records check for all members in the household who are over the age of 18.
4. Wait for a match: Once we have received all of your documentation, your application is considered complete. We will then include you in our searches when we receive student applications.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I select which students stay at my home?
No. Our team at Host Families NZ will do their best to find someone to stay in your home. Our goal is to meet with each family so that we can create a placement that best suits each party’s needs. When we find a potential match, we will contact you and discuss the details of their stay.
Do I need to establish household rules?
We recommend each household to set specific rules that their guests must follow, but it is mainly up to the host family to make this decision.
Here are suggested rules to discuss:
– When the guest(s) will be leaving and returning to the house every day
– Notifications of when the guest(s) will not be home in the evening
– Available food and use of kitchen
Do I need to provide meals for the guests? If so, how often?
We have three options from which guests can select:
– Full board: 3 meals per day
– Half board: 2 meals Monday – Friday, 3 meals Saturday & Sunday
– No meals (this option is not available for guests under 18 years old)
For how long can students and visitors stay at my home?
The duration of each guest’s stay varies from 3 days to 2-3 years and depends on the purpose of their visit.
How do I sign up to become a host family?
In order to apply to be a host family, you must read and sign our Homestay Contract and fill out our online application. Once completed, we will conduct an interview with you and inspect your home to ensure that the accommodations are suitable for guests.
How long does it take to match a student/visitor to a host family?
The time varies due to the participant’s request and the availability of homestays in certain areas. We will notify you as soon as we find a well-suited participant.
What do I need to provide for students/visitors?
Host families are required to provide the following:
– A fully furnished bedroom
– Bed linen (sheets, pillow, and blankets) and towels
– Desk and chair
– Storage for belongings (such as a chest of drawers or closet)
– Wireless internet (an additional fee may be charged to the guest if necessary)
– TV in common area
What if the house is damaged by the student?
If there is any damage made by the student, report it and send a picture to Host Families NZ as soon as possible before the student’s departure date. Obtain a quote to repair the damage. We will send this information to the agent or school so that they can discuss the reimbursement with the student.
What is a typical host family?
There is no typical host family. Each one at Host Families NZ is different and unique and we welcome all types to apply. Some families may be single, couples with young children or teenagers, or couples with no children currently living at home. We encourage our host families to provide a home away from home for each of the participants staying in New Zealand.
What is the age range of the students and visitors in homestays?
Participants usually range between 10 and 30 years old. Most guests between the ages of 16 and 20 stay for longer periods of time.
Will I need to offer transportation?
You are not required to provide transportation. We encourage the use of public transport and try to minimise the commute between participant’s homestay and their school/internship location. However, we recommend that you assist your guest in familiarising himself/herself with the public transportation in your area. It will be helpful to show them the nearest bus or train stops that they can take to travel to their destinations.
If you have a specific question about being a host family that is not listed above, please contact us at or phone +64 9 358 1531.
Please read the Host Families guidelines before submitting your application.
It is required that you download, print and complete pages 2 – 3 of the Police Vetting Form for any household members over the age of 18.